When is the perfect time to have duct cleaning?Most people know little about duct cleaning and how it works or if they need it at all. If you asp professionals like Florence HVAC Experts, they would tell you a number of things that would result in you need to have your ducts cleaned. To sum it up, there’s no magic formula that can tell when duct cleaning is necessary. However, there are signs that can tell you that it is time to have it done. Here’s what you should be looking out for:
- There is visible mold growth inside the ducts or any other parts of the HVAC system. Mold growth can be problematic not only to your system but also to your health. Mold can impede the normal working order of the HVAC system. Other than that, there may be health issues that could come from exposure to mold.
- There is vermin or other animal infestation in the ducts. Rats, squirrels, and other animals can make their way into the ductwork and build their nest. This can severely impede the airflow in the system.
- There is excessive amounts of dust, debris, and other particles coming out of the ducts. This can be caused by several factors and should be checked out by an HVAC contractor.
- Better air quality – when the ducts are clean, indoor air quality is a lot better.
- Better HVAC performance – without any factors that impeded the performance of the HVAC system like dirty or clogged ducts, it can perform much better.
- Better energy consumption – in general, a well-maintained HVAC system is one that is energy efficient. Keeping your ducts clean is one way of making sure the system does not take up too much energy.